What Property Managers Can Do to Reduce Risk During COVID-19
As we have seen in the past few months, COVID-19 has dramatically impacted the United States and the world.
At this time, property managers can do certain things within their properties to reduce risk of COVID-19 infection. As a property management company, our job is to protect the health and safety of tenants, employees, and clients in our properties. We are working proactively against this virus.
There are several things property managers can do during this pandemic to reduce risk:
- Develop and create a response plan for your properties that includes best practices for sanitation, who makes decisions, and an overview of resources. It is critical to be specific as possible in these plans, communication efforts, and signage.
- Provide your clients/tenants with regular and consistent updates with factually correct information.
- Teach your staff, clients, and tenants how to help identify symptoms of COVID-19.
- Keep your staff, clients, and tenants briefed on updates from authorities on new rules or regulations and remind everyone of best practices.
- Reinforce proper hygiene and cleaning practices in the properties.
- Keep public spaces clean and clean them more often and more thoroughly. Wipe down common area railings, doorknobs, light switches, and elevator buttons daily.
- Let your staff, clients, and staff know how important it is for them to clean their phones, tables, appliances, computer, light switches, and doorknobs with cleaning wipes.
- Post signs in common areas about best practices during this time.
- Clean public restrooms daily with proper disinfectants.
- Make sure all staff and cleaning personnel are wearing gloves and a face mask when working in the property.
- Temporarily close non-essential common space in the building.
- Decide if visitors are allowed in your properties. If they are allowed, decide where they can go.
- Stay informed on state policies, rules, and what tools and organizations are available to help during this time. Monitor updates from authorities like the Governor and the Centers for Disease Control. Keep an eye on reported COVID-19 cases in your area or town.
- Don’t panic and remain calm as you reinforce policies and create an open line of communication.
Looking for a Jacksonville Property Management Company?
Tenants, clients, and staff are looking to property management companies for guidance during this uncertain time. Quest Real Estate, LLC will be there and guide our clients and tenants through the hard times. We do what it takes to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in our properties.
As a Jacksonville property management company, our team at Quest Real Estate, LLC. has worked with many landlords throughout the years, helping them in whatever ways they need us. As your property management company, we will help you manage any COVID-19 related dealings in your property and communicate to your tenants.
At Quest Real Estate, we take pride in our quality property management services. We have a long history of providing residential property management company services to our customers. We are knowledgeable in local sales and rental markets, and we are ready to put that knowledge to work for you. Our main goals are to make you the most successful owner possible, and to provide you peace of mind knowing that your tenants and property will be well managed.
Don’t just take our word for it, read some testimonials about us and our property management services.
At Quest Real Estate, LLC, we have years of experience working with tenants and we can help you find ways to keep and attract new tenants so you can continue to grow your investment for years to come.
Our Jacksonville property management team prepares leases, has 24-hour emergency maintenance, collects rent, takes photos, aggressively markets your property, and more. We will work with you to find ways to better serve your tenants, attract new ones, and manage your property.
If you’re looking for a Jacksonville property management company to manage your property or find you tenants, let Quest Real Estate help you!
Contact our team at Quest Real Estate, LLC, by submitting our contact form. If you’d like more information on Jacksonville, or information on homes for sale or rent here in Jacksonville, Fl, call us at 904-373-9171.