What Makes a Good Property Management Company?
Being a landlord can be a lot of work. Many landlords turn to property management companies when they need a hand. The property management company is hired to manage the day-to-day operations of a rental property including collecting rent, finding tenants, filing evictions, maintenance, repairs, budget, and more.
Unfortunately, not every property management company is good or a right fit for you and your tenants. Although every property management company and rental property is different, there are certain qualities that any good (or great) management company should have.
Below, our team at Quest Real Estate, LLC wanted to share with you some must-have qualities that make a good property management company. If you’re on the search for a property management company and they are like these qualities, you may not want to move forward with them to avoid any problems in the future.
Qualities of a Great Property Management Company
- They should have leadership qualities.
- They should have strong communication skills that allow you and your tenants to get in touch with them quickly.
- They take time to truly understand the daily life of people in your buildings.
- They are well-prepared and ready to respond when needed.
- They should respond and handle requests in a timely manner.
- They should be go-getters.
- They should have developed operational procedures including maintenance programs, full audits of contracts and vendors, transparency of their budgeting and financial systems, and solutions to enhance the value of the property and lifestyle of the residents.
- They should have a solid financial management team.
- They should have solid relationships with quality vendors.
- They should pay attention to detail.
- They are committed to continual education in their field.
- They should be open minded and collaborative.
- They know how to listen.
- They know how to multi-task.
- They’re good with numbers.
- They’re good with maintenance and repairs.
- They have a solid foundation of property knowledge.
- They’re good at technology and use it to better their jobs with your tenants.
Work with A Jacksonville Property Management Company
if you’re in the market for a property management company, keep the above qualities in mind. You don’t want to hire a company who ends up being more work, irresponsible, and a pain to your tenants. They’re supposed to make your life easier, not harder!
Our Jacksonville property management company, Quest Real Estate, LLC, will deal with all day-to-day operations, so you can enjoy the benefits of owning a rental property. We have been helping landlords and owners as a property management company since 1985.
At Quest, we can make leasing or managing residential property a hassle-free experience. We have a long history providing residential property management company services to our customers. Our main goals are to make you the most successful owner possible, and to provide you peace of mind knowing that your tenants and property will be well managed.
We provide aggressive marketing, advertising, and showing of your property, prepare leases, have 24-hour emergency maintenance coordination, collect rent, and more.