Things You Must Do Before Hiring a Property Manager
Thinking about hiring a property manager or property management company? Good call! A property management company can save you a lot of time and lessen the stress and worry in your life. The manager will deal with the day-to-day business, emergencies, and disputes that occur on the property and with the tenants that you may not have time to handle or may not be close enough to manage in a timely manner.
Since 1985, Quest Real Estate has been helping investment homeowners make the most from their rental properties through our professional, personalized property management services including: Aggressive marketing and advertising on the MLS, our company website, Realtor.com, Rentals.com, Trulia, Craigslist, Zillow and our premier social media marketing campaign, 24-hour emergency maintenance coordination, preparation of leases and much more.
Our team at Quest Real Estate wanted to share some things for you to consider and do before putting your home up for rent in Jacksonville and working with a property manager.
- Get your home up to code – Make sure you have a smoke detector in every bedroom, one outside each group of bedrooms, 1 per level in the home. If they aren’t wired into your home’s electricity, make sure they are 10yr lithium-ion battery powered. Get screens on all windows. Are your windows in good working order?
- Clean the Yard – Make sure your landscaping is in good shape. Clean up the property fully one-time and decide after how you want the yard kept up, either by the renters or hiring a landscaping company.
- Schedule Annual Maintenance – Set up maintenance for the AC unit, pressure washing, gutter cleaning, and more.
- Figure Out Profitability – Try to figure out how much your rental property could profit in a year. Keep track of your fixed and variable costs. A property management company can help you determine the pricing for the rental. By using a property manager, you can help keep your costs as low as possible, while also keeping your property maintained while you have less stress.
- Update Your Homeowners Insurance – Update your insurance with a tenant living in your home. You may also need to consider rental property insurance.
- Get the Home Inspected – Small problems can turn into worse things if left alone, so it’s better to get it checked out. You could save thousands in repairs.
- Talk with Your Accountant/Financial Advisor – Make sure you’re maximizing your profits with this rental property.
Work with a Jacksonville Property Management Company
A property management company will manage your property, find tenants, work with tenants, and hire the right types of people to handle all issues dealing with your property.
A property management company, like our team at Quest Real Estate, specializes in running and managing the day-to-day tasks of a rental property for you. As a Jacksonville property management company, we are effective, knowledgeable, and experienced at managing a building and finding and keeping tenants. Our experts have more than 20 years of combined experience in managing properties. We want you to get the most out of your rental property, and we know how to fill vacancies, and how to keep good tenants.
Want more reasons to work with us? Here are the benefits of working with a property management company.