Things to Consider When Buying Residential Property
Looking to buy some residential property? This is an exciting time! Whether you plan to live in the home or be the owner/landlord, buying a home is rewarding, yet, it can also be a stressful time. There is a lot to remember and consider when buying residential property. The process can become overwhelming. Our team at Quest Real Estate, LLC can make the buying experience seamless for you. We will listen to your wants and needs and create a plan for you to acquire a home successfully.
For this blog post, we wanted to share with you some tips/ideas of things to remember or take note of when buying a house/residential property. You want to make sure you’re getting a good deal.
Jacksonville Home Buyer Checklist
- Determine your budget to see what you can afford.
- Write down what you’d like in a property. What are your deal breakers? Do you need a garage? How many bedrooms? Do you need a big back yard? An open layout? Do you want a house that needs major or minimal renovations?
- Look out for structural problems more than surface problems. It’s a lot easier to paint a wall than fix a roof or foundation.
- Make sure there are no leaks. Look for water damage and cracks.
- Make sure there isn’t any mold. Mold in the home can lead to major problems.
- Take note of the smell of the home. Does is smell like garbage? Mold? Smoke? Figure out what you’re smelling and why.
- View the home during daylight and nighttime. You will get a better idea of how the sun covers the house and yard. You can also see how the neighborhood is (people/traffic) during both times of day.
- Go around the property and make sure everything is working. Turn on sinks. Flush toilets. Flip light switches. Open doors. If anything is broken, address it before purchasing the home.
- Play with the thermostat to make sure the AC/heating systems work.
- Inspect the pipes to make sure everything is working correctly.
- Remember, it’s OK to walk away from a bad deal. You can view many properties.
- You, or a property management company, should negotiate as much as you possibly can.
Work with A Jacksonville Property Management Company
The above list are just a few things to keep in mind when buying. Our team can make sure you don’t forget a thing! Ready to buy? Let us help you! Our experts at Quest have a commitment to excellence and a thorough knowledge of the Jacksonville real estate market.
If you need a property management company for the residential property, we provide a wide range of real estate property management services. Our Jacksonville property management company, Quest Real Estate, LLC, has been helping landlords and owners as a property management company since 1985.
If you’re looking for a property management company, houses for sale, or houses for rent in Jacksonville, Fl., let Quest Real Estate help you. Email us today or call 904-373-9171 for more information.