Must-Do Things in Jacksonville – Part 8
Brace yourselves…winter is coming! Although, in Jacksonville, Florida, we’re more likely to be scooping leaves out of a pool than shoveling two feet of snow! It’s in the 30’s up north right now, while we’re experiencing beautiful 70 and 80-degree weather down here.
Sure, we can have some chilly nights in Florida, but for the most part, Florida’s climate is comfortable, sunny, and beautiful during the winter season. The snowbirds are continuing to make their way down to Florida. Since the city and state will be more populated, there is always more things to do! From festivals to concerts, there’s something down here for everyone. Not to mention, we’ve got some amazing beaches!
If you’re thinking about moving to a new city or to the state of Florida in general, we recommend living in Jacksonville. Jacksonville has some wonderful neighborhoods with great homes for you to buy or rent. At Quest Real Estate, LLC, we know the Jacksonville and the Jacksonville Beach area well, so we wanted to share with you some things to do and happenings occurring in the city during the months of November and December. We hope this list will make you think moving down to Jacksonville is the right move!
Things to Do in Jacksonville
- Winterfest – Nov. 16 to Jan. 6, 2 to 9 p.m. 1944 Beach Blvd. This event includes ice skating, Blizzard Bluff Village, Crystal Creek Lodge and the Mistletoe Marketplace.
- Straight No Chaser – 18, 2 to 4 p.m. Florida Theatre, 128 E. Forsyth Street, Ste. 300.
- Harlem Globetrotters – Nov. 30, 7 p.m., Jacksonville Memorial Veterans Arena
- 15th Annual Gingerbread House Extravaganza, Nov. 30, Jacksonville Historical Society, 314 Palmetto Street.
- Jax Illuminations 6th Annual Drive Thru Holiday Light Show – now until the new year. Morocco Shrine Center, 3800 St. Johns Bluff Rd S. Listen to holiday songs as you drive through a million lights. It’s a one-mile drive with lights, trees, Christmas scenes and more. Sunday through Thursday, $20 per car. Friday and Saturday, $25 per car. Passenger vans cost $35.
- Jacksonville Light Boat Parade, Nov. 24, 6:30 p.m. to 2 a.m., The Jacksonville Landing
- Martina McBride: The Joy of Christmas, Nov. 24, 8 p.m., 128 E. Forsyth Street, Ste. 300.
- Weezer and Foster the People, Dec. 1., 5:20 to 9 p.m., 1 Daily’s Place.
- Holiday Pops, Dec. 7-9 7:30 to 9 p.m., Jacksonville Symphony, 300 Water St., Suite 200.
- Festival of Lights 5K and Family Fun Run, Dec. 8, 5 to 9 p.m., San Marco Square.
- Holly Jolly Holiday Shopping Event, Dec. 15-16, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Avenues Mall.
- Moscow Ballet Performance, Dec. 22, 3 p.m., 128 E. Forsyth Street, Ste. 300.
Looking to Buy or Rent A Home in Jacksonville, Florida?
As you can see, there’s a lot to do in Jacksonville – and this is just a short list of all the fun and exciting events happening in November and December. You will never be bored in Jacksonville and will be proud to call it your home.
Whether you’re looking to buy or rent a home in Jacksonville, the city is a great place to call home whether you’re single, starting a family, or retired. Let our team of professionals at Quest Real Estate help you buy or rent a house in Jacksonville, Fl.
As a Jacksonville property management company, our team at Quest Real Estate, LLC, are experts on the Jacksonville area and Jacksonville real estate. We are happy to answer any questions you have about the city or its neighborhoods. Email us today or call 904-373-9171 to get started on your Jacksonville home search. Visit our Jacksonville homes page to view homes for sale or rent in Jacksonville, Fl.