Is It Time to Hire a Property Manager?
Own a property? Congratulations! You’re a landlord. Jacksonville, Florida, offers great spaces and buildings for investors. If you are a landlord or want to be a Jacksonville landlord, you need to decide if you want to be a do-it-all landlord or if you want to hire a property manager.
As a landlord, who does everything on his/her own, you will make a lot of profit in the long run; however, doing everything yourself requires a lot of time and effort. Sure, you have to pay a property management company, but the price may be worth it to you if you don’t have to handle middle-of-the-night emergencies from tenants or handling tenants who refuse to pay rent.
Our team at Quest Real Estate wanted to share some things for you to consider if you’re debating hiring a property manager or property management company. As a property management company, we know what it takes to manage a building day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month.
Do it Yourself or Hire a Property Manager?
Think about the following to help you decide if you should hire a property manager:
- Time – What’s your schedule like? Do you have enough time to devote to the property each month? Are you able to show tenants spaces? Handle maintenance issues and tenants’ disputes? Collect rent? Screen tenants? Do you have any free time left?
- Maintenance – Can you handle basic repairs? Do you know a trustworthy company to handle the repairs? Would you rather not deal with repairs? How up to date is your property? Will it require a lot of maintenance?
- Tenants – Do you know where and how to find good tenants? Do you know how to properly and thoroughly screen tenants?
- Feelings – How do you feel about tenants calling you about an issue? How do you feel about being called at any day or time? How do you feel about handling emergencies? Will you lose sleep over paying the mortgage because you can’t find tenants?
- Proximity – How close are you to this property? How quickly can you get there to resolve an issue? Are you able to find a reliable contractor to do the work if you’re so far away, even if you can’t see the job they do?
At the end of the day, it’s up to you if you need a property manager or not based on your wants, needs, skills, proximity, time, and feelings. If you feel you can handle all these responsibilities, then do it yourself! You can always hire a property manager at any time if you changed your mind.
Work with a Jacksonville Property Management Company
Decided you need a property manager? In the long run, you’ll save yourself time and money by working with professionals who know how to manage a property, work with tenants, and hire the right types of people to handle all issues dealing with your property.
A property management company, like our team at Quest Real Estate, can handle the management of the building for you. A property management companies specialize in running and managing the day-to-day tasks of a rental property for you, while also looking for tenants and connecting with tenants.
As a Jacksonville property management company, we are effective, knowledgeable, and experienced at managing a building and finding and keeping tenants. Our experts have more than 20 years of combined experience in managing properties. We want you to get the most out of your rental property, and we know how to fill vacancies, and how to keep good tenants.
When your work with us, you’ll have more time on your hands and peace of mind!