How to Find a Good Tenant for Your Property
Good tenants are hard to find, but they are out there! However, finding a good tenant doesn’t have to be the challenge you think it is. As a landlord, you need to keep your property filled, otherwise, you likely will struggle financially. You need to find yourself reliable tenants who pay on time, in full, and who don’t cause problems. You also want to keep this good tenant so they become a long-term good tenant who will be helping you maintain your rental property business year after year.
When a vacancy occurs, you need skills and experience with tenant placement to find a tenant fast to keep your revenue flowing. At Quest Real Estate, LLC., we offer tenant placement services for landlords in Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach, Florida. We have years of experience doing this, so we know who to look for and how to look for them.
So, how do you find a good tenant? You must develop a tenant screening process. You want to have a checklist and application forms to begin the vetting process. You want to get the prospective tenant’s full name, SSN, birthdate, current address, contact info, current employer and contact info, current monthly income, personal references, past employment/landlord/credit references, and a statement authorizing reference and credit inquiries.
If a tenant is hesitant or refuses to answer any of the above categories, this could be a red flag; however, you should have him/her explain why he/she didn’t answer.
To attract these good tenants to you, you need to:
- Create a great advertisement – Your ad should practically sell itself. Take lots of quality photos. Be descriptive in the details. Don’t leave important information out.
- Advertise on different platforms – From Craigslist and the MLS to Facebook and Instagram, try different platforms to advertise your vacant space.
- Communicate effectively and well – If a prospective tenant contacts you, respond in a timely manner. If this person is looking at your space, they likely want to move into it soon, so don’t leave them hanging.
- Verify income – You want to find a tenant who can afford your rental space. His/her monthly income should be at least three times the monthly rent.
- Complete thorough background checks – Do a background check on all serious prospective tenants. You should run a credit report, get criminal background check, and ask for references.
- Choose stable tenants – Aim to choose a tenant who does not move or switch jobs often. Choose a tenant who has consistent employment and who can afford the rented property.
- Trust your instincts – If you have a bad feeling about a prospective tenant, move on to the next – there’s a good chance he/she could be a problem tenant.
Although it doesn’t have to be a hassle to find a good tenant, it can be time consuming. If you do not have the proper time to dedicate to finding good tenants, hire a property management company to do it for you. What is included in our tenant placement services at Quest Real Estate?
- We will let you know if your property needs repairs or upgrades, which will help attract better-quality tenants.
- We can create a custom market analysis, which will allow us to set accurate expectations for rental amounts.
- We will advertise your listing using flyers, our property database, MLS, and a local print publication.
- We give professional showings.
- We screen all prospective renters with background checks and references.
- We prepare the lease, addendums, and disclosures.
- We facilitate and coordinate a meeting between the landlord and resident to look over documents to come to a final agreement
Work with a Jacksonville Property Management Company
Our experts at Quest Real Estate have more than 20 years of combined experience in providing tenant placement services. We know how to handle the tenant placement process from start to finish. If you want a good tenant, it’s time you hire a property management company for your property or properties.
Not only do we offer tenant placement services, but we can manage your property, as well. We will communicate with tenants throughout the lifetime of their lease. Our Jacksonville property management team develops a close relationship with tenants.
With our aggressive marketing, advertising, property showings and background checks, we will find you a great tenant. As a property management company, we prepare leases, have 24-hour emergency maintenance, collect rent, and more.
If you’re looking for a Jacksonville property management company to manage your property or find you tenants, let Quest Real Estate help you!
Contact our team at Quest Real Estate, LLC, by submitting our contact form. If you’d like more information on Jacksonville, or information on homes for sale or rent here in Jacksonville, Fl, call us at 904-373-9171.