How to Attract Millennials to Your Rental Property
The Millennial generation aren’t young children anymore; these individuals are in their twenties and thirties and are looking for properties to rent as many of them have been living on their own for quite some time. Since the Millennial generation is large (about 88 million) and make up a big percentage of renters today, as a landlord, it would be in your best interest to target this age group.
Many Millennials are still at the age where renting is preferable as they are not yet ready to purchase property themselves, especially if they are new in the workforce. Also, many Millennials see home ownership as a big risk and would prefer to rent.
As as Jacksonville property management company, we have worked with many Millennial clients and renters and we wanted to share some advice on how to attract this age group to your rental property and keep them for a long time.
- Make sure all your properties are easily accessible and viewed online.
- Make it easy for future clients to ask you questions about the property through the internet.
- Offer tenants the ability to pay rent and request services online.
- Be on social media.
- Make sure your property has great WiFi, ready for an ISP hookup, has USB wall plates, etc.
- Make your properties eco-friendly as this age group is environmentally conscious.
- Advertise the businesses, markets, events, festivals, health food stories, parties, breweries, and public transport near your property.
- Allow pets. 35 percent of Millennials have pets, which would be a huge market to lose out on when renting.
- If possible, make public areas (indoor and out) for people and tenants to gather to socialize.
As a landlord, you don’t want to turn off this large demographic of renters; it’s in your best interest to help create properties and spaces to attract this generation so that they will be interested in renting from you.
Looking for a Jacksonville Property Management Company?
As a Jacksonville property management company, our team at Quest Real Estate, LLC. have worked with many landlords throughout the years, helping them in whatever ways they need us. As your property management company, we will help you attract Millennials to your building. We know how to market to this age group and what they are looking for.
At Quest Real Estate, we take pride in our quality property management services. We have a long history of providing residential property management company services to our customers. We are knowledgeable in local sales and rental markets, and we are ready to put that knowledge to work for you. Our main goals are to make you the most successful owner possible, and to provide you peace of mind knowing that your tenants and property will be well managed.
Don’t just take our word for it, read some testimonials about us and our property management services.
At Quest Real Estate, LLC, we have years of experience working with tenants and we can help you find ways to keep and attract new tenants so you can continue to grow your investment for years to come.
Our Jacksonville property management team prepares leases, has 24-hour emergency maintenance, collects rent, takes photos, aggressively markets your property, and more. We will work with you to find ways to better serve your tenants, attract new ones, and manage your property.
If you’re looking for a Jacksonville property management company to manage your property or find you tenants, let Quest Real Estate help you!
Contact our team at Quest Real Estate, LLC, by submitting our contact form. If you’d like more information on Jacksonville, or information on homes for sale or rent here in Jacksonville, Fl, call us at 904-373-9171.